Brand Intro: With a passion for organic living and the natural scents of essential oils. Peter & Christine formed Greenscents in 2011.
In 2017, research carried out by Ethical Consumer confirmed that Greenscents was the most ethical brand available in the UK for laundry liquid, washing up liquid and multi-surface sprays.
- Premium organic, ethically sourced ingredients in all Greenscents products
- Fragrances with pleasant natural aromas from organic essential oils
- Stylish packaging designs with biopolymer bottles that are 100% recyclable and sustainable
- Non-allergenic ingredients wherever possible. Our non-scents range is as pure and hypoallergenic as possible — and suitable for very sensitive skin.
What do they sell: Greenscent laundry liquid & conditioner, washing liquid, toilet cleaner, floor cleaner, castile soap, all-surface cleaner & polish. There is an unscented range for those with sensitive skin.
Ingredients Policy: You won’t find the below in Greenscent products.
- Chlorine bleaches
- Palm oil
- Synthetic or artiﬁcial perfumes
- Ethoxylation, sulphonation or propoxylation during production
- Animal ingredients
- MI and MCI
- GMO’s (genetically
- modiﬁed organisms) or SMO’s (synthetically modiﬁed organisms)
Ingredients they do use are plant-based, cruelty-free and organic where possible. Greenscents do use CAPB which I am not a fan of either on the body or for the environment.
Packaging – Bottles made from waste sugar cane, recyclable and refillable.
Awards and accreditations – Certifed Vegan, Cruelty-free, Soil Association Organic, Allergy UK & Ethical Consumer Best Buy.
What I like: The scents, organic ingredients, still made in a small workshop in the UK. If you buy direct you can buy minis to try first. Especially helpful for people with sensitive skin.
What I did not like: Not enough customer reviews. The use of CAPB in some products. It is quite expensive.
My hero products: Minty Toilet Cleaner
Greenscents is a small brand with a mighty punch of being an Ethical Consumer Best Buy. It is one of the only laundry brands I know that uses organic ingredients and is still made small batch. It is at the higher end of the price range of laundry liquid but that’s to be expected with organic as essential oils as ingredients. A great quality British product.
Text in Italics shows affiliate links, which means you will not be charged any extra if you purchase a product through this link but we may earn a small commission. This helps keep adverts off this site (As I find them very annoying!)
If the text has an *, it is a link but an unaffiliated one.